RENNAISSANCE


The non recognizable truth. Hiding from it, while the same orchestra plays a tragically rehearsed story. Again, and again.

The story of my life, I want to hide from. The melody of the fears, I crave to escape from. The writings on a wall, which has no limits in height. So, I stretch, but I cannot reach…

I’m not worthy of any God – albeit the one I believe in and love with all my heart. My confessions are a joke, and my prayers as frail as the beam of a forgotten lighthouse in the wilderness of an unknown ocean.

I talk a lot. I eat uncontrollably. I breathe heavy.

Every night, in my prayers I beg for another self. I plan diets, to lose weight. I fantasize success to win courage. And I dream that I am always someone else.

My encounters are between light and darkness. I cannot distinguish or recognize my friends anywhere. I fantasize that some are flying. I imagine that others are dancing somewhere bright. At moments of confusion, I see a few of them running towards me. Others, are dead.

In between, I encounter lightening. Further away, I trip on thunder. My inclination is to fall. My desire, is to fly. Far away.

Childhood has, at last, caught up with me. I see it smiling frightfully, and if I have to define its colour, it must be yellow. Yellow, of one single bow in a brilliant rainbow. Or, a moment of uncontrollable enthusiasm, whenever my beloved team scores a winning goal.

A young boy is wearing the weight of a tired middle-aged man. This man, is rich in knowledge, and very poor in life. He still thinks that there is enough time and space, for him to fix whatever is broken, and shattered into a thousand pieces, far into the jungle of all his haunting illusions. This young boy has a name, but not an identity. He is not accepted. Anywhere.

So, now is his time to become someone else…

Comments