AND THEN, THE ADULTS STARTED PLAYING...



And then, the adults started playing
children’s games
whilst their kids observed their innocence
strictly
unforgivingly

I was just passing by
and my incurable curiosity made me…
… hold on, hold on!
Somethin’s happenin here, I stumbled
and I remained, there
then
a pathetic game watcher

Meanwhile,
the kids had turned into parents
and the parents were paying off
dividends from their neglected childhood
as if nothing had tiptoed over
the years that had faded under
the music
and had disappeared.
How natural, indeed!

How absolutely normal –
just give me more certainties
authorize me with the power
to act in the name of the justice
of wasted time
and I’ll throw them all
right here
right now
available, vulnerable, surrenderable
to any analysis of the past
any forecast of
the games yet to come.

Tug of War
Cowboys and Indians
Coppers and Robbers
Hide and Seek
Finder’s Keeper’s

Oh My!
Oh My!
Oh My!


Comments